Just like with many other things, like the bedroom, food, music, fashion, color, and bubblegum flavor, a bag and its contents can tell a lot of interesting things about its owner. So, as another way of introducing myself, I’d let you in on the stuff inside my everyday bag.
Jakey the Tarot Reader‘s Bag Content (as of late):
- Shadowscapes Tarot. This is my “default” tarot deck. One of the most common comments about it is that its illustrations are so beautiful. And I’m not surprised. I find the watercolor art sublime.
- Shadowscapes Companion book. I read it for quick reviews and leisure reading. Thanks to this, I’ve been more comfortable using the 10-card Celtic Cross spread for in-depth readings.
- Prisma Visions Tarot. This is my new deck, and I am still studying its own interpretation of the tarot. I love everything about it, from the box that the tarot cards are enclosed in, to the Impressionism-style art (think “A Starry Night” by Vincent van Gogh), to its fascinating “feature”: the Minor Arcana cards are border-less because each of four suits (Chalices, Swords, Pentacles, and Wands) can be arranged to form panoramas.
- Bandanna. I use this to lay the cards during readings, temporarily. Temporarily, because I am hoping that someday, I could get this Prisma Visions kerchief:
- Notebook and pen. These are for reflections and meditation notes. I also use this for graphology, (handwriting analysis).
- Wallet. As soon as I noticed that my wallet started to bulk up my backside, I decided to just keep it in my bag.
- Company ID. Required.
- Charger and power bank. I think that the power bank makes my bag heavy.
- Old Spice Hawkridge Refresh Body Spray. A “dad” fragrance, I must say.
- Bench Fix Professional Agent Bond, and comb. I care about how my hair looks like. Sometimes.
- Oil blotting film. I’m cursed with oily skin. Maybe you can give me tips on what to do about it.
- Scarf. It gets ridiculously cold in the office, so I wrap one around my neck. There was a time when I seriously studied the numerous ways to wear and tie a scarf. All of my scarves are from my “spiritual city” of Baguio.
- A secret item that I use for preparation and psychological boost.